5 Ways With Scriptures, How You Can Be Sure Of Your Salvation
Salvation refers to the process by which a person is saved from the eternal consequences of sin and granted eternal life with God. The concept of salvation is a central theme in the Bible and is taught throughout both the Old and New Testaments. Here is an explanation of salvation in more detail, with corresponding scriptures:
In summary, salvation is the process by which a person is saved from the eternal consequences of sin and granted eternal life with God. This is made possible through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and is received through faith in him. Those who are saved are forgiven of their sins, given eternal life with God, and empowered by the Holy Spirit to live a new life characterized by love, joy, peace, and other fruits of the Spirit.
However, here are five ways, along with corresponding scriptures, that can help you be sure of your salvation:
- Believe in Jesus Christ – Scripture: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
- Confess your sins and repent – Scripture: “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
- Obey God’s commands – Scripture: “We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands.” (1 John 2:3)
- Develop a relationship with God through prayer and reading the Bible – Scripture: “But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” (2 Peter 3:18)
- Remain faithful to the end – Scripture: “But the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.” (Matthew 24:13)
By believing in Jesus, confessing and repenting of our sins, obeying God’s commands, developing a relationship with God through prayer and reading the Bible, and remaining faithful to the end, we can have the assurance of our salvation. However, it is important to note that this assurance is not based on our own works or efforts, but on the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ.